Agner & Wolf Brewery Products
The idea of creating of four types of beer was born from the sudden concept of four:
- four elements (water, fire, air and soil)
- four main directions (North, South, East and West)
- four seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn)
- four period of time in twenty-four hours (morning, day, evening and night)
- four natural hair colors (blond, brown, red and brunette), and many other things that have four in their base: 4 limbs has each man, 4 legs (usually) has chair or table and so on and so forth.
And we thought that this magic number would be a great idea for us also.
So we have four outstanding types of beer and each of them has its own color and character. But one can ask why exactly these four animals? It’s easy enough.
When we imagine summer, we think about Sun, strong smells of flower and fruits, about wide fields of wheat and bees flying above and finally about a bear, which is personified our Wheat beer (Hefeweisen).
Autumn shows us its colorful outfit that reminds us a play of the fire in the fireplace and else the color of fox fur and of course it is our second type of beer – Red Lager (Marzen).
What could be more warming than our third sort of beer – Dark Lager (Schwarzbier) in the winter evening? When it is so cold and dark outside, and somewhere in the dense blizzard one can hear lone wolf howls, one should not worry at all because there is the tamed wolf in his beer glass.
And finally spring and our fourth beer (Altbier), which is represented by wise and noble animal – wild boar. Spring, especially early, does not differ a riot of colors and sounds; all of it is nice and mild, decorous and dignified. This particular finesse we wanted to give to our Altbier, which is so easily to drink and mix with almost any meal in any company.